Shade of Lust (Episode 3)

Jude’s side of the story continues;
‘’so how about I arrange a girl to cheer you up?’’ Kelvin
suddenly suggested, putting a tempting offer before me. I
quickly shook my head.
‘’I just buried my father. No I don’t need a woman now’’ I
breathed with a frown.

‘’That’s cool, but you should learn how to put aside your grief
and move on with life’’ he advised softly. I sipped my drink,
kept quiet for a while before throwing him a very curious look.
‘’My father was murdered. Do you have any idea who could be
responsible?’’ I asked, leaving him extremely surprised with
my question. At first he looked quite shocked but quickly
composed himself.

‘’Actually I have no idea of what exactly led to your father’s
death but supposing I have something about that, I won’t tell
you because you are in no position to do anything about it.
You have to first relax, face your life, survive before asking
questions unless you wish to die at a young age’’ he answered
guardedly , leaving me shrugging with resignation.

‘’I really want you to join my line of business. That’s the only
way you can survive, make enough money to pay your bills
and live a much fulfilled life. You see I run a string of networks
that cut across multi-million Naira scams, forgery, gambling
and so on. I have been doing it for years and yes I currently
have everything I want in life. I shouldn’t be telling you all
these but I think it’s my responsibility to open a good road for
you. Your dad helped me when everyone turned against me. I
have to reciprocate that gesture but I don’t know how strong
you are’’ he breathed as we headed home minutes later.
I threw him a quick look, unable to say a word. Of course
crime is something that always sends a chill through an
innocent man’s heart. I felt suddenly cold.

‘’Apart from the car your dad left behind, how much money do
you have left?’’ he asked. I shrugged and breathed deeply.
‘’It’s not much. It won’t even last up to five months’’ I
answered. He smiled.
‘’I easily could pay your school fees and support your
education but after that what next?. Having a university
education is no longer a guarantee of getting a good job.
Most
graduates now end up working at factories and workshops of
school drop outs like me. Believe me, if you can be a part of
my network, you will have a company of your own within four
years’’ he said seriously.
‘’But why are you telling me all these bro?. You know we are
not that close for you to be opening up to me this way?’’ I
asked curiously. He smiled.
‘’Yes I know but I always follow my heart and this time it led
me to you’’ he answered.

‘’But what truly are the chances of being caught?’’ I asked.
‘’hmmm well I sincerely can’t say because no one in my
network has ever been caught. We don’t pull any deal without
first making sure it’s safe. We have people in every key
country and bank. You have nothing to fear bro’’ he answered,
leaving me totally convinced. I breathed deeply and nodded.
‘’Fine I’m good to go” I breathed, leaving a very big smile on
his face.

I ended up spending three weeks at his house and what a
hectic three weeks it was. I learnt a lot. I learnt that social
networks just weren’t there for chatting alone, but also a very
good fishing ground for scam victims. I learnt the act of
fishing, profiling, packaging and presentation. I learnt to
assume many identities. I even learnt some foreign ways of
communicating. I learnt a whole lot with Kelvin who used the
first three weeks I spent with him to teach me the secret
behind online scamming.
At the end of three weeks I returned to my hostel to see if I
could continue with my university education from where I
abandoned it months earlier.
I returned to school a different person. I returned to school
with a different mindset.

My hostel mates all rushed into my room the moment they
  learn I was back to pay their condolences. I had lots of
questions to answer and no matter how hard I tried to be free
with them; they all noticed that I was changed.

Source: Best online story stor
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.