Shade of Lust (Episode 38)

Jude’s side of the story continues
I returned to my hostel with a very troubled spirit. I just didn’t
know the direction to think. I knew I had to do something to
stop Pamela’s plans but what exactly do I do was a question I
couldn’t answer.

‘’dear lord I hope she isn’t pregnant for me’’ I prayed as my
mind flashed back to the fun I had with her. Of course I was
so stupid to sleep with her without any form of protection. I
was so carried away by her beauty and personality without
knowing that she had sinister plans for me. I just felt like a big
fool. Oh yes I was a very big idiot.

Keeping my fears and feelings away from Tracy was another
tough battle I fought so hard to win but in the end the caring
girl soon noticed that something else was eating me up.
Tracy was just so sharp in noticing things and it really was
one of the qualities I admired in her.

‘’you know yesterday, I thought it was only malaria that was
bothering you but I feel something else is eating you up. You
have been acting so withdrawn and strange since yesterday.

What is bothering you?’’ she asked curiously when we were
alone in her room. I breathed deeply, wondering if it was okay
to tell her the truth or not.

‘’yesterday I was down with fever but today I’m okay, only that
I’m still weak’’ I answered, smiling convincingly.

‘’Jude I have known you for a long time and I know when you
lie. At least I know ninety five percent of the times you lie. You
just lied now’’ she pushed on.

‘’okay fine, my cousin Kelvin invited me to his house just to tell
me that an uncle in Abuja wants to see me and I think its
relating to my dad’s death. Moreover I’m yet to travel to the
states to meet my dad’s attorney. I just have a lot going on in
my head right now and I’m still indecisive on whether to head
to Abuja tomorrow or not’’ I lied fluently. She breathed deeply
and held my hand.

‘’now I understand how you feel. I think it’s best you meet
your uncle. You have a lot to gain. But first you have to be
strong’’ she said with a smile. I swallowed hard with guilt as I
returned her gaze. Each time I lied to the innocent girl, my
conscience always pinched me. She never deserved a guy like
me but unfortunately love pushed her to me.
‘’Tomorrow I will head to Abuja then ‘’ I muttered with a smile.
Later in the night as I was about falling asleep, my phone rang
and it was Pamela calling me for the first time since I broke up
with her. I stared at the ringing phone for a while before
answering the call.
Luckily the night was one of those nights Tracy insisted on
sleeping in her room and I really was grateful for it because I
still had a lot to talk with Pamela.

‘’listen Jude, I really don’t want to be hard on you. No matter
what happened in the past, I still love you and you are going
to be the father of my child. I think you should keep aside your
pride and come over to Abuja for us to talk. I didn’t get
pregnant to punish you or to force myself on you. I got
pregnant for a reason. I got pregnant because I’m obliged to
have a baby at all cost and I couldn’t help but allow a man I
love the most to father the child for me. We really have a lot to
talk. Just come over to Abuja. You have nothing to fear’’ she
preached softly.

‘’fine, I will be there tomorrow evening. I will take a flight to
Abuja tomorrow’’ I agreed softly.
‘’ Just alert me when you touch down at the airport. I will
come pick you up’’ she added and hung up, leaving me with
my thoughts.

Abuja , Nigeria
By 6:23pm the next evening, I was in a black Hilux truck
Pamela sent to pick me from the airport. At first I was nervous
when the driver walked up to me but his friendly smile and
Igbo language made me loosen up.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.