Shade of Lust (Episode 39)

In no time we arrived at Pamela’s house. A very cute
bungalow built with high taste.

Of course I was scared as I alighted from the truck. I never
expected to find myself there. I thought we were meeting at a
hotel or guest house.

Pamela soon appeared, smiling happily.

‘’welcome to my house Jude’’ she greeted proudly while I
stared at her suspiciously. But I said nothing nor made any
protest until we were all alone in the sitting room.

‘’why bring me here?. This is your matrimonial house right?’’ I
asked nervously.

‘’oh come on Jude! Does this lonely house look like the house
a serving senator resides in?’’ she asked, leaving me silent.

‘’I live here all alone with my security and driver. I already told
you there are many things about me you are yet to know’’ she
explained with a smile, leaving me to wonder if she’s actually
a senator’s wife or a senator’s mistress. Moreover she
revealed the previous night that she needed a child at all cost.

‘’what really is she up to?. I pray I don’t burn in hell with her’’ I
pondered as I prayed silently.

‘’I prepared something delicious for you. Let’s go to the dining
table or do you want to first freshen up?’’ Pamela asked, trying
hard to make me feel at home but unfortunately my mind was
far from being at ease. All I wanted was to reach a good
compromise with her. I just couldn’t bear the idea of her
having my first child.

‘’I didn’t come here to freshen up or to eat. I came for
something serious. You are not having my child, are you?’’ I
asked coldly. She laughed and shook her head.

‘’you know most times guys always like playing the victim
when it comes to issues concerning unwanted pregnancy. I
really don’t understand why you are trying to look innocent.

You very well knew my marital status, yet you had the mind to
approach and make countless love to me without protection.
The result of our action pops up and you finally remember that
I’m not worthy of you. We really have a lot to talk Jude. I
advice you calm down, let’s go to the dining room. We will
talk after dinner’’ she said softly, flashing an annoying smile
while I slowly calmed down.

Of course she was very right with what we just said. She
wasn’t to be blamed for what we did together.
@the dining table

I nervously ate the fried rice she served me halfheartedly. My
mind was just so occupied with many thoughts. I couldn’t help
but realize that moment that my journey to Abuja was nothing
but useless. Pamela had her plans already figured out and my
visit was never going to change a thing.

‘’dear lord I’m just being more stupid with each passing
moment. What is wrong with me?. Why can’t I think things
before acting?’’ I prayed and pondered in my mind.

I really was so pathetic and silly. I couldn’t believe it was all
happening. It looked more of a dream to me than reality.
Pamela soon reached out to hold my left hand.

‘’Jude you shouldn’t look so worried. I’m sorry for dragging
you into my mess. The last thing I would do is to hurt you.
Nevertheless you have to listen to what I have to say and
support me’’ she breathed softly. I stared at her, saying
nothing.

‘’I grew up in the worst kind of family a child would ever have.
My Nigerian father so much abused my mum, to the extent of
strangling her before my eyes. He ended up with a life
sentence in the states and I had to grow up in three different
homes. I won’t bore you with my childhood tales but you have
to know that I did anything to survive back then until I met my
husband the senator. A friend actually introduced me to him
for a one night stand but he ended up falling in love with me.

He got me a new apartment, brushed me up and changed my
life. He finally had to ask me to convert to his religion and
marry him. My friends all encouraged me to go on with him
but I never loved him. The only attraction he had was his
money. I was advised to marry him, have a child for him and
get a divorce after some months.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.