Shade of Lust (Episode 40)

Unfortunately it was all easier said than done. After the quiet marriage, 
he tried making me part of his household but his wife and children
were far from being accommodative. They tried every trick to
get me out of the house until the old man had no choice than
to get me this house. He couldn’t even get me pregnant and
that’s my only ticket to freedom and equally the main reason I
needed you. You have all the features I want my son’s father
to have.

What’s left for me to do now is to convince the senator that
I’m pregnant for him. He still loves me and I already have
made good use of the opportunity to milk him very much. I will
have my child in the states and I will never come back to
Nigeria. The old man will only learn the truth when I decide.

So nothing you will ever say to me will make me to lose your
child. The best you can do is to leave the country with me. We
can start all over. I have more than enough money for that. Of
course I know you won’t allow your child to grow up without
knowing you’’ she slowly opened up, leaving me feeling so
sick and nauseous. I just didn’t know what to say or how to
react.

‘’so you are using my child for a dangerous game. You just
don’t know what you are getting yourself into. You can’t play a
politician and live to tell the story’’ I muttered, dropping my
eyes.

‘’moreover I still find it hard to believe your story’’ I added,
frowning deeply.

‘’tomorrow is my birthday. I will be twenty seven tomorrow.
How about we make plans’’ she suddenly changed the topic
as if we were done with the current situation. I sprang up
furiously.

‘’I will never be part of your games. Not anymore. I’m leaving’’
I shouted at her.

‘’you can’t be serious’’ she replied, smiling and licking her lips.
‘’I have enough money. I can lodge in any hotel’’ I barked
seriously, heading out of the dining room.

‘’there is someone I will like you to meet. She told me
something strange when I asked her to check you out. Your
life could be in danger Jude’’ she suddenly muttered, stopping
me with her words. I turned and faced her seriously.
‘’are you trying to play another trick on me?’’ I asked. She
scoffed and shrugged.

‘’I’m not begging you to stay back. You can leave if you want
to’’ she breathed and stood up with a drawn face. I stared at
her suspiciously, not knowing the right decision to take.

‘’The lady told me that the same wind that blew your father
away is now dangerously hovering above you’’ she added,
eyed me and headed out of the dining room while I stood still
like a palm tree.

I felt she was trying to get in my head. I felt she was trying to
use my weak point against me. I felt she was playing a mind
game on me but still I was very curious to know the meaning
of what she just said. I couldn’t just leave after what she said
about my life being in danger.
 
Kelvin’s side of the story continues (same evening)
I was driving out of Joe’s gym when my phone rang and it
was Jessica calling. I smiled as I answered her call.
‘’Hi dear. Guess where I’m?’’ she said sweetly,
‘’hmmm tell me’’ I begged.

‘’I’m in front of your house’’ she answered.
‘’oh dear me, I will be home in few minutes’’ I replied, smiling
broadly.

‘’I’m waiting, better hurry’’ she added and hung up.
I smiled to myself as I sped up. Jessica was nothing but a she
devil. I just couldn’t have enough of her.

On getting to my house, she came forward and hugged me,
softening my heart tremendously.

‘’I prepared a special bean-cake (moi moi) at home and I had
to bring it over here for us to eat together. It actually took me
all evening to prepare but the stress is worth it’’ she said
happily, pecking me. I swallowed hard with great eagerness. I
couldn’t wait to have the delicious meal. The last time I ate
such food was two years ago in the village.

In no time we were enjoying the super delicious bean-cake
with pap mixed with milk. I really felt like proposing to her that
moment. Of course the fastest way to most men’s heart is
through the stomach.

‘’I have something to ask of you?’’ she suddenly breathed
when we were done with the meal.

‘’what is it you want?’’ I asked curiously.
‘’I want you to introduce me to your cousin Jude’’ she
demanded, leaving me totally stunned.
I almost choked with surprise.

To be continued
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.