Shade of Lust (Episode 45)

I was busy with my computer, arranging and setting up
formats for a new deal I planned pulling with Jude when
Jessica walked into my sitting room with a very serious look. I
wasn’t expecting her because she never told me she was
coming over and the frown on her face gave a bad signal to
me.

‘’please who are you exactly?. Why did you show up in my
life?’’ she asked, throwing me off balance with the question. I
stood up and searched her with my eyes. I just couldn’t say a
word because I really didn’t know from which angle she was
coming with the questions.

‘’cut the innocent look my friend. I told you when we met for
the first time that I worked in a bank, a big bank for that
matter. I equally told you I knew many people. Do you think I
won’t check up on you or on your source of wealth?. I now
know for a fact that you are not into any transport business
but the curious thing is that your bank accounts keep growing
from suspicious transactions and deposits. I did a lot of
digging up. I even know the bank officials that approve your
transactions. So my question remains, why me?. Why did you
appear in my life?. I want answers now?’’ she demanded
furiously. I shook my head with disbelief.

‘’how the hell did you get my bank details?. Are you sure you
know what you are talking about?’’ I stammered, visibly
shaken. She scoffed and eyed me.

‘’I guess you underestimated me?. You better talk now my
friend. I never got to this level in my life by being a dunce.
Everyone has a skeleton to hide but yours is way too much
Kelvin. Why are you into my life?’’ she demanded furiously,
waiting for answers I wasn’t ready to give.

However one thing was certain, Jessica was much more than
what I thought her to be and I couldn’t help but feel that she
was getting ahead of me in the game. She could end up roping
me to a corner and sending me to the gallows.
 
‘’I don’t know the basis of your suspicion. Is it a crime to fall in
love with you?. Have I ever done anything that suggests that I
could be into you for another reason?’’ I asked with a bold
outburst. Jessica scoffed and eyed me.
‘’yes I did one or two deals in the past to get rich but that was
in the past. I really don’t feel comfortable with you right now.
Perhaps I got it all wrong by thinking I could start a new life
with you’’ I added with energy. She kept quiet, keenly studying
me.
My heart throbbed loud as I desperately thought of the next
words to say. I never expected such confrontation from her
and I knew I was in a tight fix.

I badly needed to turn things around with my words but
unfortunately Jessica did her homework very well and a little
miscalculation on my part could make things worse.
‘’you just said everyone has a skeleton hidden somewhere. If I
should start digging into your past, I know I will dig out
something nasty. But the past always belongs to the past.
Nigeria is a very tough country to survive in and without
extreme measures you can’t survive or live a fulfilled life.

What matters is how we atone for our sins. Believe me It isn’t
easy for me. I came to your life to seek happiness, to seek
peace, to start all over. I will never do anything to hurt you.
Believe me’’ I poured out solemnly. She took a step closer and
smiled for the first time.

‘’I feel at ease now. I believe you. Let’s just forget about the
past but if in any way I discover that you are using me for a
devilish agenda, I won’t hesitate turning you to the police or to
the EFCC.’’ She muttered with a soft voice, but her words to
me sounded more like a threat. I nodded in agreement,
breathing deeply.

She surprisingly drew closer and hugged me.
‘’I’m sorry for being a bit aggressive. I was only protecting my
interest’’ she apologized softly.
‘’I guess you are still coming over with Jude on Saturday?’’
she asked.
‘’yes I’m’’ I answered softly.

Jessica left minutes after, leaving shaken and a bit scared. Of
course I knew she was capable of reporting me to the cops. I
equally knew she could still be spying on me. I had to come
up with another plan. I had to dig into her past as well.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.