Shade of Lust (Episode 43 & 44)

 Episode 43
 
By 10am, we were on our way to Suleja to meet the overhyped
spiritualist. I really never believed in such stuff but sometimes
that are things that could lead one into doing something out of
curiosity. I had nothing to lose seeing the lady and so had to
accept going with Pamela to see her.


Pamela equally insisted we go in the morning in order to be
attended to on time. According to her, the place was always
filled up with people searching for answers to their problems.


11am, we arrived at the big house where the spiritualist
resided. The house really looked like every other house in the
neighborhood, though bigger in shape and size.


Just like Pamela said, there were lots of people, especially
young girls waiting to be attended to. And I couldn’t help but
wonder the kind of problem they were all having.


‘’I have to go book our presence’’ Pamela whispered to me as I
settled down on an empty chair. She left seconds after to
speak with a lady who was holding something like a register
in one of the open rooms.


She returned minutes later with a smile on her face.
‘’we will have to wait some minutes for our turn’’ she said,
sitting beside me.
We ended up spending close to an hour before being invited
into the main room, where an old woman dressed like a
devoted Muslim was seated on a mat. Pamela graciously sat
before her and I equally did the same.


‘’Zainab what brings you here today?’’ the old woman asked
Pamela who smiled and nodded at me.


‘’I brought my friend to see you. He wants answers’’ she
replied softly. The old lady left her eyes on me for some
seconds before giving me an ointment to rub on my eyes.
‘’now hold my hands and close your eyes’’ she said, offering
her hands. I silently obeyed and did like she demanded. She
soon started speaking in a foreign language.


In few seconds, I felt as if I was drowning. I felt as if someone
was trying to rip my heart off. I really didn’t know how the
woman did the trick. Perhaps it was the ointment I rubbed on
my eyes that made me feel that way.


‘’your future is very much clouded, but you can still change it
for good. Trust no one but her. Trust no one but her’’ the old
woman breathed with a slightly raised tone, releasing my
hands with great energy.


I opened my eyes to see Pamela smiling with satisfaction
while the old woman’s words played back in my head.
‘’Trust no one but her. Unfortunately I couldn’t comprehend
because i had two women in my life. Tracy and Pamela..




........................................................................................
 Episode 44
  Jude’s side of the story continues from the last scene of the
previous episode

‘’so what now?’’ Pamela asked as we headed back to her
house minutes later. I shook my head and shrugged silently.
The events of the past few days were really getting on me. I
never imagined my life would be so dramatic. I just had a lot
to resolve and the funniest thing was that I had no idea on
how to tackle them.

‘’I will take a night bus back to my school. I never planned
staying this long. I have a lot to do in school’’ I replied softly.
‘’that means you won’t be staying for my birthday celebration
tonight?’’ she asked after few minutes of silent. I gave her a
very long searching look.

‘’you have a husband and I think he is in the best position to
celebrate with you. Moreover I still find it a bit odd on how you
courageously brought me to your home without minding that
your husband or any of his aides could show up at the house’’
I muttered searchingly. She kept quiet and never said another
word until we got to her house later in the day.

I took a night bus back to Owerri that fateful evening. My
head, my conscience, everything was in complete disarray. I
had no solid plans for my future and I couldn’t help but
wonder how my life would turn out in the coming years.

Tracy was the only good thing I had. The only good thing I
could boast of having, but then I knew our relationship could
end any moment. I knew my affair with Pamela would burst
out fairly soon and I knew Tracy would never forgive or
continue with our relationship once that happens. Everything
has its boundary, including love.

It really was my entire fault. I was too stupid to be carried
away by lust and the price was about costing me my future,
my happiness.

‘’God help me’’ I prayed as the bus sped into the night.

I got to my hostel by 6:05am the next morning and first
headed to Tracy’s room to check on her. I met my girl
depressed and moody. At first my heart jumped out of guilt
but I carefully controlled my nerves.
‘’you don’t look too happy to see me. What’s wrong?’’ I asked
breathlessly.

‘’my mother called yesterday night to inform me that the
manager of the company I applied for my industrial training in
Enugu wants me to resume in two days. And I have no choice
than to travel home today. We may end up not seeing each
other for three months or more’’ she muttered solemnly,
relieving the tension in me with her words. I breathed deeply,
smiled and hugged her.

‘’I can be visiting every weekend. Enugu isn’t very far from
here’’ I reassured her softly.

‘’I know but secondly I keep having this nightmares, especially
whenever I sleep alone. I just can’t explain it but I have this
fear that our relationship will not last long. Maybe my head is
just playing tricks on me or something. But the fear is so
strong. I don’t know why I feel this way’’ she complained while
I closed my eyes, held her and kissed her forehead.

‘’ I already know everything about you and I don’t think there
is anything that can break us up. I don’t just know.

Maybe I’m going crazy or maybe I feel this way because it’s my first
relationship’’ she continued like a terrified child. I softly
caressed her back, bent and kissed her neck.

Deep down I was scared as well. I had many secrets. My life
of crime with Kelvin and my unwanted child with Pamela were
one hell of a secret that could blow up any moment and my
poor Tracy was just in the middle of it.

‘’nothing will ever break us apart my love. We have just one
year to graduate and another year for our youth service. We
will get married and head over to the states to start a family.

There is nothing to fear. Nothing could possibly happen to
break us up in two years’’ I reassured her softly. She looked
up at me with eyes filled with love, care and hope. I swallowed
hard and looked away with guilt.
‘’dear lord, I don’t want to lose her’’ I prayed.

Kelvin’s side of the story continues
4pm, same day.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.