Shade of Lust (Episode 22)

Kelvin’s side of the story continues
I threw a suspicious look at Jude as his eyes firmly rested on
the picture of the young lady on my computer. I knew many
silly ideas would be in his head that moment, and it was
something I was so afraid of.

‘’listen Jude, I showed you this picture because I want you to
know that I’m very much on your side. So please let me handle
the case and don’t go trying to act the hero by confronting her.
We clearly have nothing yet on her except the fact that she
was probably the last person with your father before his
death’’ I said to him, tapping his shoulder. He breathed deeply
and faced me.
‘’okay I trust you on this. Please just act fast. Don’t let her get
away’’ he muttered with a sad tone while I nodded with a
smile to assure him.
 
Jude left few minutes later, looking so distraught and colored
up. I really understood what he was feeling that moment but
had no remedy for it. I had to let him go because he was a
man and had to live with challenges. My only prayer was for
him not to spoil things by trying to confront Jessica on his
own.
 
An hour after Jude left, I called Jessica with the intention of
booking an appointment with her but unfortunately she told
me she wasn’t in town.
‘’let’s meet Friday morning at my office. My office address is
on the card I gave you’’ she replied with her soft voice.

On Friday morning, I landed at Jessica’s office very
determined. I had many days to plan ahead and I was just
prepared and a bit shaky like an upcoming actor about facing
the camera for the first time.

Her office was along Wethral road and really was bigger and
well organized than I expected it to be. She had two
secretaries and an assistant who took my details before
ushering me into the main office where I saw her engaged
with her computer. She smiled on seeing me, taking off her
eye glass instantly. I smiled back and settled down on an
empty chair facing her.

‘’hmmmm I’m really impressed. I wasn’t expecting an office
like this. You are doing great for a girl your age’’ I dutifully
complimented her. She blushed and rolled her eyes.

‘’in my line of business, everything must be polished and
presentable’’ she answered softly while I nodded like a lizard.
‘’yes I know but I’m still stunned. It’s very hard to see a single
lady very successful like you. I bet you are from a rich family’’
I pushed further. She shook her head and smiled.

‘’I worked in first bank for eight years. Most of my customers
are from there. You really don’t want to know everything
about me. Do you?’’ she asked playfully while I laughed.
The lady before me wasn’t in any way like a murderer. Yes
she looked very ambitious but soft and open minded as well.
She simply was relating to me as if we were old pals and I felt
very comfortable with her. I felt different with her.

‘’no she can’t be my uncle’s murderer’’ I reasoned deeply.
‘’so tell me about yourself. What do you do?. You know I
asked you to come over to my office because that’s the only
place we could be free to talk. I hardly hang out anyhow’’ she
said softly, studying me with her eyes.

‘’well I’m into transportation.I have buses, trailers and
tankers. However my dream is to venture into oil and gas
business but the capital required and risk is just too much’’ I
lied fluently. Her eyes brightened.
‘’well I know few friends that are into oil and gas but I advise
you venture into real estate and stocks’’ she muttered with a
smile.

‘’oh you want to make me one of your customers?’’ I chipped
in with a suspicious smile. She laughed and shook her head.
‘’so tell me, what’s your full name?’’ she suddenly demanded
while I drew back with great caution. Yes that was something
I knew she would ask sooner or later and telling her my
surname could make her extremely suspicious because I had
the same surname with my late uncle (Jude’s father)
 
Jude’s side of the story continues
Tracy was waiting in my room when I returned from Kelvin’s
house looking so broken and sad. She quickly sat up from my
bed and stared at me curiously.
‘’what’s wrong. What happened?” she asked curiously. I
breathed deeply and opened up to her about Jessica and all
Kelvin told me.
‘’well he is right. You just have to calm down and let him
handle it since he looks good at it. Your dad is already gone
so be a man and follow things gently’’ she advised with a soft
smile.
 
Tracy left for her house on Wednesday evening as she
planned and she really spent a lot of time trying to persuade
me to go home with her but I insisted that I would be at her
house the next Monday.

She finally had no choice than to give in.
My plan was to have one last stand with Pamela during the
weekend before ending everything with her but alas it was
easier said than done.
‘’One last stand with Pamela and its over’’ I muttered to myself
again and again with great determination.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.