Shade of Lust (Episode 28)


Without thinking twice, I did the
unimaginable by calling her on phone with the news that I was
coming over to her house that very day.
She couldn’t believe her ears when I broke the news. She kept
quiet for some seconds before speaking.



‘’you are joking right?’’ she asked.
‘’I’m already on my way’’ I informed her.
‘’but why?. What made you change your mind?’’ she asked
curiously.



‘’because I miss you very much. I can’t survive the weekend
without you. I have seen how important you are to me’’ I
confessed, leaving her silent for few seconds.
‘’you just made me cry now. I also do miss you over here’’ she
confessed.



‘’I will be there in few hours. I promise’’ I breathed, hung up
and got my things ready for a trip to Enugu.

It really was my first time of visiting a female friend in her
family house and of course I was extremely nervous. I prayed
for her parents to be kind and accommodative.



‘’I hope your dad won’t get mad at me’’ I asked her over and
over as we chatted on my way to her house.
On getting to Enugu, Tracy was already at the bus station
waiting for me with a chartered taxi. She cried out with joy as
soon as she saw me alight from the bus.



‘’finally you made it’’ she broke out, hugging me tightly and
drawing the attention of everyone at the bus station. I felt on
top of the world, having such a pretty girl who cared so much
for my well being, for my happiness, for my future all to
myself. And that is what true love is all about.



But did I really deserve Tracy’s love??



Jude’s side of the story continues
As Tracy and I headed to her house minutes later, she held
my hand and looked up at me with a worried look.
‘’please bear in mind that my dad is a medical doctor who also
lectures in UNN. Do answer all his questions honestly, don’t
lie about anything. He knows much about school stuffs and he
is a very understanding man’’ she begged softly while I
nodded like a child.



When we got to her house, she quickly led me to the sitting
room where her dad and mother were seated, probably
waiting for me even though it looked as if they were just busy
watching a TV show.



They politely smiled as Tracy led me in.
‘’oh my dear you never told us you were bringing in a half
caste’’ Tracy’s mother muttered jokingly. I greeted politely.



‘’you are welcome my son, Tracy told us a lot about you and
one thing I do admire in my children is that they always bring
their friends home for us to see and access. So do relax and
feel at home’’ the old lady said to me sweetly, stood up and
playfully dragged Tracy to one of the rooms, leaving me all
alone with her husband.



Tears melted in my eyes as I remembered my mother.
Tracy’s
family really was the type of family I wanted for myself. I
never played with my mother. I never saw my mum and dad
together as a happy couple. It was just so painful seeing the
kind of family I wanted, playing before my eyes.
The old man soon cleared his throat after feeding his eyes on
me for some seconds.



‘’I’m not good with words but you should know that my
daughter took a lot of risk by bringing you before us.
Your
presence in this house means that my daughter trusts and
believes in you and I hope it will remain that way. You are the
first man she is bringing home and I hope you won’t hurt her
in the end?.



I know what students are capable of and left for
me, my daughter is still too young to have a male friend but I
have no choice than to accept you. So feel free in my house’’
he said with a smile while I nervously nodded like a kid who
just got luckily adopted by a rich family.
‘’thank you sir’’ I muttered softly.
Labels:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Hintsloaded Today, God Bless You.
Have A Nice Day and Don't Forget To Drop Your Comment and invite your friends.

[blogger][facebook]

Author Name

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.